Animal Care Volunteer Coordinator - Argentina
Vacancy for: Animal Care Volunteer Coordinator - Short Term
Based: Villa Rumipal, Córdoba
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world. We run projects in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help with anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
Projects Abroad Argentina is looking for a temporary Coordinator to supervise high school volunteer groups during the months of July and August. The ideal candidate will be a proactive, responsible person with advanced communication and organising skills.
You will coordinate a group of foreign volunteers who come to Argentina to learn about a new culture and language, to get involved in the rehabilitation of a variety of animals that have been taken to the Pumakawa (Villa Rumipal) centre for various reasons, such as injuries or natural habitat destruction; to work in reforestation of natural areas than have been affected by fires and to collaborate in the maintenance of the trails, facilities and building pens for animals. To create and perform an awareness campaign for Pumakawa.
For more information, visit: http://www.pumakawa.org/
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visit the Pumakawa project in advance of volunteers’ arrival to check arrangements are in place for their stay.
- Collect volunteers from International airport.
- Inductions with new volunteers to introduce them to their project and explain formalities of living and volunteering in Argentina.
- Attend meetings with other staff members to plan.
- Coordinate 4 Week Special groups as requested by the local coordinator or manager.
- Help with the socialization of volunteers, wellbeing and security.
- The job is busy and can be physically demanding. You should be prepared to work flexible hours on any day, including evenings and weekends.
- You should be prepared to relocate to Pumakawa during the duration of the programme. You will live at the centre with the volunteers. All meals and accommodation expenses will be covered by Projects Abroad.
You should be:
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Physically fit and able to pass a medical assessment, if necessary.
- Mature in attitude and outlook.
- Able to remain calm and efficient under pressure.
- An excellent communicator with people of all ages and cultures.
- A team player who enjoys working as part of a team.
- Flexible and able to take direction and accept feedback.
- Friendly and personable with customer service skills, you must respond well to others.
- Enthusiastic to work in a different culture and relish the opportunity to work in a challenging environment.
- Interested in working in the nature, and in a remote environment.
This position is for a one-month contract. We pay a competitive local salary, and all transportation, accommodation and food expenses during the time you stay at Pumakawa.
To apply: please complete the online application form and upload a CV and cover letter in English.
Application Deadline: 21st June