UK Content Creator - South Africa
Vacancy for: UK Content Creator
Based: Cape Town
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world. We have projects running in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help with anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We’re looking for a Content Creator to help us produce content for our various communication platforms to help inspire potential volunteers to join one of our projects.
Working closely with our teams worldwide, you will create engaging content for several of our English-speaking markets (UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand). Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring our websites are up to date, including web copy, pictures and videos
- Creating content campaigns that will appeal to a wide target audience across multiple channels, including web, social media and newsletters
- Creating email newsletters
- Writing and editing brochures and other printed materials
- Creating, posting and analysing social media content (including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Writing blog posts
- Writing press releases
You should be:
- A South African citizen, or have the right to work in South Africa
- Be based in Cape Town
- A university graduate
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- An excellent writer (experience in online content creation would be preferable)
- Interested in travel and international service work
- Reliable and flexible, and be able to work independently
- Familiar with SEO principles
- Comfortable working with Google Analytics
Contract, salary and benefits:
You will be employed on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and personal interview.
Salary & benefits
You will be paid a competitive salary as well as agreed day-to-day work-related expenses; the exact salary depends upon your experience and will be discussed with you during the interview.
Are you interested?
Great! We want to hear from you.
Please send us:
- A one-page cover letter telling us why you are the ideal candidate for the role
- A one-page CV highlighting the experience and qualifications relevant for this role, and any links to examples of your work