Jobs with Projects Abroad
Projects Abroad employs over 20 staff in our UK Head Office in West Sussex and nearly 700 staff in our destinations around the world. We also employ many staff in our recruitment offices overseas from Toronto to Hong Kong.
Overseas Staff Positions
We put enormous importance on the welfare of our volunteers during their time with us overseas - our global team is committed to providing our volunteers with the experience of a lifetime.
We employ teams of local staff in each of our destinations and throughout the year we recruit and send additional staff from Europe, North America, Australia and Japan to work alongside our local teams. This back-up and support for our volunteers is vital to the success of the organisation.
Foreign staff take on a variety of roles which include positions as specific Project Supervisors, for example on teaching, care, sports or conservation projects, or may work as Volunteer Advisors, briefing volunteers by email and Skype before their arrival, or most commonly working as Volunteer Coordinators, supporting the volunteers in country.
Current vacancies will be listed here:
- Admin Assistant - United Kingdom
- Ambassador - Singapore
- Digital Marketing Manager - UK
- Dive Instructor / Field Scientist
- Lead Scientist / Tagging Coordinator
- Programme Advisor - France
- Programme Advisor - Hong Kong and Korea
- Programme Advisor - Korea (Based in Yokohama, Japan)
- Programme Advisor Part Time - France
- Project Coordinator - Human Rights
- Software Developer - Brasov, Romania
- Travel Coordinator - South Africa
- Volunteer Advisor - South Africa
- Volunteer Coordinator - Global Summer Programmes 2018
- Volunteer Coordinator - Italy
- Volunteer Coordinator - South Africa
- Volunteer Coordinator - Temporary
Life after a position abroad!
Your time with Projects Abroad doesn't necessarily have to finish at the end of your initial contract overseas. Very often, if you’ve done a good job there's the option of extending or transferring to another country for a second period.
From time to time there are also positions available in the Overseas or Recruitment Teams in the UK or one of our other recruitment offices, which you may also apply for having completed your contract overseas, in fact most of our current UK staff worked for Projects Abroad overseas before joining the UK team.