Content Creator - German - Cape Town, SA
Vacancy for: Content Creator - German
Based: Cape Town, South Africa
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad's vision is to be the world’s gold standard for international volunteering and internships. We believe we can create positive change in the world through hard work and compassion, for both individuals and entire communities. We’ve been running projects and sending volunteers/interns all over the world for 25 years. We have got big plans for the future!
We’re looking for a Native German Content Creator to help us produce content for our various communication platforms in order to help inspire potential volunteers to join one of our projects.
The Content Creators are satellite staff members, working for various Recruitment Offices. They work on website content and social media.
You’ll be based in Cape Town, and you’ll work closely with our Marketing team based in the UK.
- Develop original website content, including copy, images and video
- Edit and optimize all existing web copy to ensure it is SEO friendly
- Manage paid and organic social media content including planning, implementation and reporting
- Write marketing materials such as blog pieces and newsletters
- Translate and upload content from other languages as required
- Plan, create, implement and evaluate marketing campaigns and strategies
- Analyze and evaluate your marketing efforts in Google Analytics and other data analysis tools
- Be a native German speaker
- Be Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Be a creative and conceptual writer and thinker able to come up with content ideas that generate high engagement
- Be proficient with social media platforms
- Be up to date with latest web trends and SEO (preferable)
- Have thorough understanding and knowledge of your target market
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work towards deadlines
- Have good understanding of brand building
You will be employed on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment is dependent upon
receipt of satisfactory references and personal interview.
We offer assistance with the application of your work permit or change of your current work permit.
Salary & Benefits:
You will be paid a competitive local salary; the exact salary depends upon your experience and will be discussed with you during the interview.
We will offer relocation costs to Cape Town if applicable.
To apply, please provide a two-page CV and a cover letter.
Projects Abroad is the leading volunteer organization recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia, and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas.
Annually we send over 100,000 enthusiastic volunteers to 29 countries to teach conversational English and to gain work experience in the fields of medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.
To recruit our fee-paying volunteers we use a variety of offline and online marketing measures.