Vacancy for: Driver
Based: Pacific Harbour, Fiji
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world.
We have projects running in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help with anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We’re looking for a driver to ensure safe and timely transportation of all volunteers, staff and materials to and from places as and when needed. Our driver needs to ensure a positive volunteers' experience, our volunteers should feel welcomed and cared for at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow internal guidelines and systems for pick ups and transportation.
- Create and work your daily job list from the Volunteer Board and Weekly Schedule.
- Deliver dive lunches as and when needed.
- Do pick-ups of new arrivals as and when needed.
- Ensure that each volunteer feels welcome and secure in their new environment.
- Ensure the project vehicle is kept hygienically clean at all times.
- Maintain full fuel levels of the project vehicle.
- Ensure timely conveyance of staff, volunteers and materials to and from places as instructed.
- Ensure the proper administration, maintenance, repair and use of the project vehicle.
- Take proper care of the administration, maintenance, repair, use and control of all capital and project related equipment and accessories.
- Deal with volunteer queries and complaints and report any issues to the Project Manager.
- Participate in Weekly Volunteer Meeting.
- Help prepare the weekly lovo or bbq and attend the kava ceremony and cultural activities.
- Maintain effective communication between the other staff and volunteers.
- Assist other support or project staff when needed.
- Have driving work experience.
- Own a PSV Group 4 Driving Licence.
- Have proven ability to follow systems.
- Have experience working with a culturally diverse population.
- Be fluent in spoken and written English and have knowledge of local language.
You will work under a temporary contract, subject to passing a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment depends on a personal interview and satisfactory references.
Please complete the online application form and upload your updated CV (maximum 2 pages).