Finance Officer - Mongolia
Vacancy for: Finance Officer
Based: Ulanbaatar, Mongolia
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad is the leading international volunteer organisation recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas.
Annually we send over 10,000 volunteers to 29 developing countries to gain experience in fields such as teaching, medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.
We promote volunteering opportunities through our websites, social media accounts and events.
We’re looking for a Finance Officer to help prepare regular financial reports for Projects Abroad offices around the world.
The nature of the position entails frequent, timely and effective communication with the CFO, UK financial controller and the destination directors. The main objective of this position is to prepare financial reports as per requested tasks and then provide information that is useful to headquarters in making decisions. The job is busy and you should be prepared to work flexible hours.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Entering prepayment journals into TASBooks
- Conducting monthly bank reconciliation reports, salary control, and purchase ledgers for USA, Australia and China offices
- Entering monthly actual cost and control journals into TASBooks for offices in Africa, Asia and Latin America
- Preparing non-UK overseas staff monthly salary transfers
- Developing and implementing new ideas to increase finance team’s achievements
- Additional financial reports as requested.
- Any other duties assigned
- CPA Qualified
- At least one year's experience in a similar role
- Team-working skills
- Proven financial analysis skills
- Time-efficiency and a systematic working methodology
- Ability to quickly adapt to new problem-solving strategies and new tasks
- English fluent
- IT literacy: Word, Excel and the Internet
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, and meet deadlines
This is a permanent position, subject to passing a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment depends on a personal interview and satisfactory references.
To apply, please complete the online application form and provide a two-page CV and a cover letter.
Applications close: 13th February