Project Coordinator - Medicine
Vacancy for: Project Coordinator - Medicine
Based: Hanoi, Vietnam
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad is a leading international volunteering and internship organization. We recruit students, professionals, families and retirees from around the world to join our worthwhile programs overseas. Since 1992, Projects Abroad has developed programs in 25 countries and now employs over 400 people worldwide. We assist volunteers and interns on their entire journey from their first inquiry, throughout their program, and once they return. Our global team is committed to providing safe and sustainable programs and the opportunity to make a global impact!
We are looking for a Medicine Project Coordinator to plan and coordinate Medicine projects related functions of Projects Abroad Vietnam. The nature of the position entails frequent, timely and effective communication with volunteers and overseas offices. The main objective of this position is to manage the assigned project area thereby ensuring that volunteers are matched appropriately with placement, activities for volunteers are clearly worked out, volunteers understand their roles and responsibilities, work with placements to finetune structure of work being done by volunteers and ensure project quality. Our fundamental goal is to provide support to critical areas and promote a cultural exchange that will benefit both our volunteers and the communities in which they work. The job is busy and can be physically demanding so you should be prepared to work flexible hours and be willing to travel within and outside Vietnam when necessary.
- Meet volunteers on arrival and conduct thorough cultural induction through their host and their placement and ensure that they receive all necessary training and support during their placement.
- Ensure that each new volunteer feels welcome and secure in new environment.
- Ensure volunteers have a set work structure for their placements.
- Run periodical workshops and meetings with volunteers.
- Complete monthly reports of your project with updates on key achievements and progress made towards project goals.
- Maintain effective communication between our placements, volunteers and the local office, helping to increase the worthwhileness of our projects for our local partners and the volunteers.
- Get to know and build a good relationship with each volunteer. Ensuring you listen and respond positively to questions and queries they have.
- Establish new work placements and projects for future volunteers and strengthen existing ones.
- Complete feedback sessions with volunteers.
- Deal with problems and complaints as they arrive. Resolve any issues that may arise with volunteers and escalate to Country Manager where necessary.
- Be available for emergencies 24 hours a day.
- Medicine - Bachelor of Science Degree (B.Sc.) or equivalent in Medical Sciences, Medical Technology or Nursing or any other related field
- 2 years experience in a related field
- Spoken and written English
- Proven ability to formulate and implement operational plans
- Experience working with culturally diverse population
- Proven ability to plan and execute projects for a culturally diverse group as well as community interventions and partnership building among stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in project development and management
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet
An offer of employment depends on a personal interview and satisfactory references. You will be under a one year contract which can be renewed depending on your performance.
To apply: click on the apply button and upload a CV and a cover letter. Do not send applications by email.