Sales Support - USA
Vacancy for: Sales Support
Based: San Diego, USA
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad's mission is to provide the gold standard of support and safety, so our volunteers and interns can fulfill their potential, discover themselves and create positive change in the world.
Projects Abroad is the world's largest international volunteering and internship provider, recruiting young people from all over the world.
We’ve been running projects and sending volunteers/interns all over the world for 25 years. We have sent over 115,000 enthusiastic volunteers to 29 countries to teach conversational English and to gain work experience in the fields of medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.
We’re looking for a candidate to work on Sales Support to provide administrative and sales support to the New York sales office. The ideal candidates should be passionate about travel and cultural exchange and looking to work as part of a small but vibrant team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Deposit accounts receivable via checks or scanner
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures
- Update records and databases with personal and financial data
- Notify international offices about payments, checks, and invoices
- Manage recurring bill payments
- Process TransitChek metro cards for staff
- Manage office inventory and order supplies when necessary
- Coordinate with field staff (based in New York, California, Latin America and Canada) for printed materials and trip logistics
- Manage travel arrangements and event logistics for field staff
- Manage phone calls and correspondence via email
- Note taking during staff meetings
- General office upkeep and reception duties
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary
- Based in the San Diego area and Eligible to work in the United States
- Speak and write English to a native level
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent writing skills and a professional telephone manner
- Experience working with accounts and bookkeeping
- Ability to multitask in a fast pace working environment
- Experience traveling or living abroad in a developing country (preferred)
- Energetic and a thirst for traveling
This is a part-time position, subject to a 1-month probationary period. You will work 37.5 hours per week. The contract will be 6 months.
Are you interested?
Please send us:
- A one-page cover letter telling us why you are the ideal candidate for the role
- A one-page CV highlighting the experience and qualifications relevant for this role