Sri Lanka Projects for Professionals Prices« Back to Prices
Any extensions made after the start of a project will be charged at the ‘In-Country Extensions’ rate. This price also applies per week to children aged 4-14 years old accompanied by an adult. Please note that not all of our projects are suitable for children. For more information please call us on 01903 708 300.
Here you can see all of the prices for the different projects available in Sri Lanka:
|Sri Lanka||In-Country Extensions and Child Price per Week|
|Care & Community||$545|
|General Business Projects||$345|
|General Care Projects||$295|
|High School Specials|
|Care & Community||$545|
|General Journalism Projects||$345|
|Medicine & Healthcare|
|Projects for Professionals|
|Christmas Care & Community||$545|
|General Teaching Projects||$295|
|Veterinary Medicine & Animal Care|
Why do we charge a fee?
Projects Abroad has to charge a fee to each volunteer to cover the cost of your experience on our programmes overseas. Using this we provide:
The price of each project includes:
- Three meals a day
- Travel and medical insurance
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- Full induction and orientation by an experienced staff member on arrival
- Transport to and from your work placement
- In-country support and 24-hour back-up from our team of full-time local staff
- Emergency assistance from our international emergency response team
- Project equipment and materials, including access to our database with thousands of resources
- A supervisor/mentor at your work placement
- Training and workshops from our experienced local staff
- Regular social events and community activities with other volunteers
- Access to our local office with internet connection
- Certification of project completion
- Access to our alumni services and discounts
- Middle School Specials, High School Specials, 19+ Specials and Grown Up Specials also include organised weekend tourist trips
- Middle School Specials and High School Specials also include dedicated full-time staff members with you 24 hours a day
- Conservation Projects that include diving also include PADI diving courses (to the value of US$500 per certification), diving equipment rental, and transfers to and from our specified airport
The price also covers support and preparation before you go, including:
- Visa support and advice
- Fundraising support, including your own personalised fundraising website
- Pre-departure preparation by your own specialist Volunteer Advisor
- Personalised Myprojectsabroad website, with all the information you need about your project, accommodation and destination
- A free cultural awareness course
- Membership to our volunteer social media groups, to share information and to get in touch
- Standard Projects, 19+ Specials and Projects for Professionals also include support to help you complete registration or internship documents, if applicable
The price does not include:
For a more detailed breakdown on how your project fee is spent, take a look at our Money Matters page.
Volunteering on a budget? We've put together a handy selection of tips for budget volunteer trips. There's also a Fundraising Guide available for you to download, containing a variety of different fundraising ideas and useful advice.
General Information on Prices
All prices in US Dollars (USD). To view prices in other currencies visit our international websites.
The prices vary depending on your chosen volunteer project, duration and destination(s). If you combine projects within a country you pay the placement fee for the most expensive project, then additional month fees as appropriate. If you combine projects in two or more countries you will get 10% off each placement fee (excluding language courses). Check out our Combinations page for more details. We also offer a 5% discount to immediate family members traveling together. This discount applies to adults and children aged 15+.
To compare prices for projects in all of our destinations, or to view prices for project extensions after arriving in-country, visit our Prices page.