Volunteer Multi-sports Projects in Argentina
- Placement location: Cordoba
- Role: To coach children in a range of different sports to improve their basic skills and techniques.
- Age of Students: 5-18
- Class Size: 30-35
- Accommodation: Host family
- Price: From
- What’s included? Food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, travel and medical insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 3 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
By taking part on our Multi-sports placement in Argentina, you can help to nurture future talent from enthusiastic youngsters in a range of sports. Sport in Argentina is extremely popular - there are so many children wishing to participate, but due to a lack of resources, opportunity is limited.
Through our Multi-sports placement, however, young players are given a proper chance to join in. With energy and enthusiasm, you can dedicate your time to coaching children and help them to improve their abilities and technique.
Your Role Volunteering Abroad on a Sports Project in Argentina
Projects Abroad has partnered with a community sports initiative that provide free football and hockey lessons to children from impoverished families. You will work with the local teacher to help co-ordinate and plan coaching sessions. Volunteers will teach a sports class or provide sports training for three hours a day. Another two hours per day will be used for planning classes. Additional tasks may include planning match strategies, taking practice games and assisting in team selection. Don't worry if you have little or no coaching experience; the staff here are dedicated to their programmes and very open to volunteers, so will help you in any way they can.
Volunteers will also have an opportunity to work with teenagers from one of our Human Rights placements. Here, you will be in charge of planning and structuring the practice sessions for groups of 10 to 15 teenage boys.
During your volunteer experience, you will find that every student is different - but they will greatly benefit from your specialised care and attention to improve their performance! Basic to intermediate Spanish skills will also be a great help.