Dentistry in Nepal
- Placement location: Chitwan
- Role: To observe local dental nurses in a large teaching hospital
- Types of placement: Hospital
- Accommodation: Host family
- Price: From
- What’s included? Food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 4 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
The Dentistry project in Nepal is recommended for dental students, dental nurses and qualified dental hygienists. Volunteers on the Dentistry project will be based in the dental department of the Chitwan Medical College Hospital (CMC) in Bharatpur.
Your role will be mainly observational. You will observe dentists and other dental staff throughout their day. By showing initiative and enthusiasm you may be able to help the local staff with basic procedures, such as scaling and polishing. Depending on your skills and qualifications, you may have the opportunity to assist with dental restoration, root canal treatments and tooth extraction.
Outreach Work in Nepal
Volunteers may have the opportunity to visit local schools to lead health and hygiene classes as part of a community outreach project.
Whether you are planning to study dentistry, a trained professional looking to gain some work experience, or somewhere in-between, Projects Abroad Dentistry placements in Nepal offer a great opportunity to both help and learn at a project that is literally one of a kind.
Volunteers on the Dentistry placement will live with a host family in Nepal and usually work from Monday to Friday with the weekends free. Volunteers should speak at least intermediate English. You must be able to commit to a minimum of four weeks on the project.
You can read more detailed information about the aims of the project in our Nepal Medicine & Healthcare Management Plan.