Volunteer School Sports in Peru
- Placement location: Cusco
- Role: Teaching a variety of sports to children to improve their technique and performance.
- Age of Students: 6-17
- Class Size: 40
- Accommodation: Host families
- Price: From
- What’s included? Food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 2 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
As a School Sports volunteer in Peru, you will have the opportunity to coach school children, and depending on the schools yearly curricular programme, you will be involved in sports such as athletics, football, volleyball and basketball. In Cusco sport is high on the agenda and wherever you go you are sure to see children playing in the streets.
While volunteering abroad you could dedicate your time to the sport you love or help with a range of different sports. You can also combine your School Sports project with teaching English. Just let us know where your interests lie once you have applied and we will match you to a suitable school.
School Sports in Peru with Projects Abroad
You can volunteer on a School Sports project in Peru without any previous experience of coaching, although it is fantastic if you already have some. Volunteers are welcome no matter what stage of life they are at - during a gap year from education or a career break or even as an alternative holiday. All we ask is that you have a passion for sport and a desire to help others to develop their own sporting ability.
We offer our volunteers the opportunity to work with physical education teachers at local schools in the morning, Monday to Friday from 8am until 2pm. You will work with children ranging from age 6 to 17 years old. The School Sports project will commence in the first week of March until the end of November and will be closed for holidays at the end of July until the second week of August.
You will be involved in:
- Assisting with physical education activities such as running, physical resistance, speed, discipline and techniques.
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses and giving suggestions to improve programmes.
- Monitoring and enhancing performance of the children by providing encouragement and constructive feedback.
- Acting as a referee in sport matches.
- Occasionally assisting with administrative tasks.
You can join a School Sports project in Peru for two or three weeks if you don't have time to join us for four weeks or more. This project has been selected by our local colleagues as being suitable for short term volunteering for both the host community and the volunteer. Although you will gain a valuable cultural insight and work intensely within the local community please be aware that you may not be able to make the same impact as someone volunteering for a longer period.
If you have qualifications or experience in this field then we can make use of your skills. Read more about the opportunities for skilled volunteers in Peru.