Nursing Elective Placements in Vietnam
- Placement locations: Hanoi
- Role: To gain experience from local staff and add to your previous nursing training
- Requirements: You must be currently studying at university for a degree in Nursing. If you are not an elective student please go to our standard Nursing project in Vietnam page
- Type of placement: Hospitals
- Accommodation: While you are in Vietnam, you will live with other Projects Abroad volunteers in shared apartments, or we also have a small number of host family options available
- Price: From
- What’s included? Qualified supervisor, food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 2 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
If you are a nursing student, you can take your Nursing Elective at one of our placements in Vietnam. We have placements available in Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam.
As a student on a Nursing Elective, your role will be mainly observational. You will learn about many new medical conditions as you will be exposed to many diseases you would not normally see at home and gain a greater understanding of healthcare in Vietnam. Your placement may be challenging, but thoroughly rewarding.
Options for Nursing Elective Students
As a Nursing Elective student you will be placed according to your specialism. In the city hospital you can work in departments such as orthopedics, paediatrics and plastics. Showing initiative and building a good relationship with your fellow colleagues will enable you to get the most out of your placement.
Our volunteer community is also at hand for you to spend time with on your time off. There is a lot to do and see in Vietnam and plenty of other volunteers to experience it with.
You can join the Nursing and Nursing Electives project in Vietnam for two or three weeks if you don't have time to join us for four weeks or more. Please be aware that the number of departments you can experience may be limited and you may not be able to make the same impact as someone here for a longer period.
Please be aware that most universities have deadlines by which time your Elective application paperwork must be completed. If your university needs information on the hospital or clinic in which you will be placed, or requires forms to be signed by your project supervisor, we strongly advise completing our application form at least one month before this deadline. We can only provide this detailed information once you have applied and been accepted onto an Elective placement with us.
If you have any questions please call us on 01273 007230.