Physiotherapy Elective Placements in Vietnam
- Placement locations: Hanoi
- Role: To gain experience from local staff and add to your previous physiotherapy training
- Requirements: You must be currently studying at university for a degree in Physiotherapy. If you are not an elective student please go to our standard Physiotherapy project in Vietnam page
- Type of placement: Rehabilitation centres
- Accommodation: Shared volunteer apartments or host family
- Price: From
- What’s included? Qualified supervisor, food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 2 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
If you choose to take your Physiotherapy Elective in Vietnam you will gain valuable experience working in a rehabilitation centre. You will be exposed to a wide range of conditions that require treatment such as cerebral palsy and autism. You will also work with people who have been affected by Agent Orange, a chemical that was sprayed on trees and vegetation in the Vietnam War.
Projects Abroad will help facilitate your pre-departure preparations and liaise with your university to ensure the requirements of your module can be met. Our in-country staff will contact you regularly before you arrive and can help with any paperwork or queries.
Physiotherapy Elective Placement in Vietnam
As a student on a Physiotherapy Elective placement in Vietnam, you will be supervised by a qualified physiotherapist. Your supervisor will spend time discussing specific case studies with you and help with any questions you may have. Showing initiative and building a good relationship with the staff will enable you to get the most out of your placement.
There is so much to do in Vietnam and the surrounding area, and there are always plenty of other Projects Abroad volunteers, from different projects, to explore it with!
You can join the Physiotherapy Elective project in Vietnam for two or three weeks if you don't have time to join us for four weeks or more. Please be aware that the number of departments you can experience may be limited and you may not be able to make the same impact as someone here for a longer period.
Please be aware that most universities have deadlines by which time your Elective application paperwork must be completed. If your university needs information on the centre in which you will be placed, or requires forms to be signed by your project supervisor, we strongly advise completing our application form at least one month before this deadline. We can only provide this detailed information once you have applied and been accepted onto an Elective placement with us.
If you have any questions please call us on 01273 007230.